Compare Phone / Tablet Insurance Online
The concept of mobile insurance is rather recent and not many smartphone owners are aware of it, or willing to purchase it. Theft of smartphones has become a very common occurrence, making it all the more important for owners to insure their devices. For higher end smartphones, this protection is even more important as they are very lucrative targets for theft. In this article, you can get to know about the various benefits which mobile insurance offers, what do mobile insurance policies provide coverage for (in general), what are some of the exclusions of mobile insurance policies, some of the companies in Kenya which offer mobile insurance to customers and how the claim process works in case of mobile insurance.
For those who have experienced one of the above, you know the stress and hassle of getting your mobile phone / tablet replaced. It is a nightmare, especially the stress of getting a new phone! Yet there is an easy way to protect yourself from this hassle. ORIENT MOBILE; another first from Kenya Orient Insurance Limited.
Have complete peace of mind, knowing that your mobile phone / tablet is insured and you can reconnect with family, friends and work. With ORIENT MOBILE, we understand your love of staying connected. Get mobile insurance for all the popular brands in Kenya like Apple, Samsung, LG, HTC, MI-Fone, Blackberry, Alcatel, Motorolla, Sony and others.
Benefits of Mobile Insurance:
Considering the heavy reliance that today’s generation has on their smartphones, mobile insurance can be your best friend. Listed below are just some of the benefits which mobile insurance provides, making it more of a requirement nowadays.
- You have recently purchased an expensive smartphone and you wish to safeguard it from theft or damage. A mobile insurance policy can help you in that regard.
- A mobile insurance policy is a smart purchase if you hold a history of having lost or broken your previous phones.
- Depending on the policy which you take, you can get a replacement for your stolen or damaged smartphone (same model) without having to downgrade to a lesser advanced model.
- You rely very heavily on your smartphone for your day to day activities and would need an immediate replacement, if anything were to happen to your current handset. Mobile insurance can take care of that.
Mobile Insurance Covers:
Mobile insurance policies provide protection against a variety of perils and damages, internal or external. Given that smartphones are electronic devices, they could be prone to software failure which can often render the device useless. Besides internal damage, external damage can also occur due to various reasons. Listed below are some of risks and damages which are commonly covered under mobile insurance policies.
- Damage to the internal workings of the phone due to water spillage.
- Hardware Failure like malfunctioning touchscreen, faulty earphone jack or charging port problem.
- Damage due to fire.
- Damage occurring due to riot, strike, terrorist activities.
- Damage caused due to malicious intent.
- Screen cracks.
- Loss of device due to theft, house break-in, burglary.
- Loss of device from a securely locked vehicle or building.
- Damage to the interior or exterior components of the device.
Mobile Insurance Exclusions:
Some of the common exclusion of mobile insurance policies are listed below.
- If the phone has gone missing mysteriously.
- If the phone is stolen from an unattended building or vehicle. Theft of the mobile phone from vehicles that are left unattended.
- If any damage occurs / phone is lost during the period when the same has been lent or is being used by a third party, other than the owner of the phone.
- If the phone suffers a mechanical or electronic breakdown.
- If the device has been overloaded or experimented with under any abnormal conditions.
- Any damage that is caused due to routine wear and tear of the device .
- Any damage occurring die to change in climatic / atmospheric conditions.
- Damage caused due to any wilful or malicious at caused by the owner of the insured device.
- Any defects or damage that has been caused during the process of repairing or cleaning the device