Marine & Cargo Insurance
At Pacific Group, the marine & cargo insurance coverage is carefully tailored and customized to the specific needs of the customer. Flexible approach to meet the customers' requirements. Coverage is meant for transportation of goods or items by sea or air.
Marine Cargo Insurance policy provides indemnity against loss or damage for goods being transported by sea or air and incidental land transportation. Either single voyage policies or annual policies are offered. Marine cargo policy is a transit risk policy covering movement of cargo from a specified point to the point of discharge. There are different types of covers.
- Institute Cargo Clauses (A)
- Institute Cargo Clauses(B)
- Institute Cargo Clauses(C)
Catering to the needs of both importers and exporters marine insurance covers goods, freight and other interests against loss or damage to goods from the time it leaves the seller's warehouse until they reach the buyer's stockroom.
- Compare plans from top insurers
- View lowest premium on marine insurance policy
- Buy plans online instantly
Why Use Pacific Group Services?
- Offers flexible coverage options:
- Port to port
- Warehouse to warehouse
- Worldwide claims survey and settlement assistance
- Efficient Claims settlement
- Worldwide network of pre-shipment surveyors.
- Customized covers to suit your needs
- Adequate technical expertise
- Sufficient Financial capacity to undertake any level of risk
- It is freely assignable
Whether you are a company that regularly imports, exports or transport goods in Kenya, or whether you need to transport something just once, you need an insurance cover for your transit risk exposure, hence our goods in transit insurance. Damage or loss of products while in transit can wipe away your profits and in some cases can lead to huge losses. These losses are completely avoidable by getting a proper marine insurance Kenya policy.
We have developed a set of marine cargo Insurance policies to cover transportation of goods. This includes insurance of transport of goods by sea, air, road or rail. Our policies protect you from losses, accidental breakages and pilferages. Whether you import, export or transport goods regularly, or whether you have a one-off consignment, we have marine insurance policies that will meet your needs.
Get in touch with us and get a quote.
Transport by Air
What comes to your mind when you think of air transport? Speed? Safety? Efficiency?
Granted. Air transport has one of the best safety and speed records. You would be tempted to think that there is no need to insure your cargo when you use air transport. We wish this was so. You cargo still must go through handling, customs, loading and offloading, all of which are processes that can lead to damage and theft. That’s why we have developed robust cargo insurance policies.
Our marine/goods transport insurance policy makes sure that you are protected from the risks that your cargo may face while in transit via air transport. We close the gaps in the chain, so that you can rest assured that you will not suffer losses arising from damage, theft or pilferage when you use air transport to move your goods.
Transport by Sea
A super tanker is in the high seas, navigating a storm. It is carrying hundreds of tons of cargo. Part of that cargo is yours. The ship is swaying from the left to right, and when the storm is over, the ship will be crossing through pirate infested waters. Your precious cargo must make it through all these obstacles to get to you.
No reason to be. Pacific Group provides marine/Goods transport insurance designed to give you peace of mind. With Pacific Group, the only picture you will have in mind is that of calm waters, with your containers coming straight to you at full speed. Please see the policy details below for marine cargo, and get in touch with us. Our advisers are standing by.
Transport by Land
Do you consider it risky to move your cargo over land?
If you do, you have very good reason to feel that way. Risks on land are numerous. This ranges from accidents, theft, pilferage, delays (especially when the delivery is time sensitive), among others. At Pacific Group, we have developed policies that will ensure you are protected in case anything happens to your precious cargo, whether its on transit by road or by rail.
If you are considering insurance options for your cargo, be sure to give us a call to see what we have in store for you. Our goods transport insurance policies are very competitive. Our 80 million customers worldwide cannot be wrong. Get in touch with us and ask for a quote.
Benefits of Marine Insurance Plan:
Marine insurance is helpful for a variety of reasons.
- It provides all-round coverage against a wide variety of risks faced while at sea.
- Most marine insurance providers offer claim survey assistance worldwide, along with claim settlement assistance.
- Different marine insurance providers offer a variety of options and plans under marine insurance policies to suit different budgets and requirements.
- Marine insurance covers can often be customized and adjusted to meet specific needs and budgets of the customers.
- Often, marine insurance policies do provide extensions to provide protection against damages caused due to riots, strikes and other such perils.
Marine Insurance Covers:
The primary objective of a marine insurance policy is to protect your finances and assets while they are being transported via sea. However, different insurance companies offer multiple types of marine insurance policies. Due to this reason, there is no standard list of risks against which every marine insurance will provide protection. Though most marine insurance policies do provide cover against damages or losses to expensive cargo, some policies may while some may not provide extended cover against cross border civil disturbances or against pirates. Following is a list of some of the common instances or losses which marine insurance provides cover against:
- Import or export shipments.
- Goods which are being transported via sea, rail, air, road or post.
- Goods being transported by coastal vessels which ply between different ports inside the country.
- Goods which are transported via vessels plying along rivers.
Marine Insurance Policy Exclusions:
Some of the common exclusions of most marine insurance policies are listed as below:
- Routine wear and tear or ordinary leakage.
- Incorrect and inadequate packaging of goods being transported.
- Damage caused due to delay.
- Damage caused wilfully or intentionally.
- Damage caused due to civil commotion, strikes, war, riot, etc.
- Any damage or loss occurring due to bankruptcy or financial default of the owner of the transport vessel.
Marine Insurance Claim Process:
The claim process for marine insurance is similar to that done for any other type of insurance. Following are some of the basic steps to make a claim in case of marine insurance.
- You must either contact the claim representative or the nearest branch of your insurance provider and intimate them about the claim.
- In the event that the damage has occurred to the goods while they are on the ship or port, you must arrange for a port or a joint ship survey.
- You must submit the policy document / certificate which had previously been issued to you at the time of taking the policy. You also need to provide the original invoice and any other documents which may be required to authenticate your claim.