Our affordable, flexible premiums and options to save monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually make saving for education easy. In today’s competitive world, your child needs a good education to achieve his or her goals. Need more information? Visit one of our branches or call +254-712-658629.
Why You Need a Child Education Policy
The cost of higher education is increasing. The need for access to higher education and the cost will put a financial strain on you and your family. That is why it is important to start planning for your child's education as soon as possible, because the earlier you begin, the more time you allow your money to grow. The child education policy will provide the funds needed by your child to pursue further education and assures that whatever happens in the future, your child will still have the means to pursue some of his/her goals in life.
Choosing an Education Plan
When choosing a policy, always:
- Consider how much money you want to set aside for your child’s education.
- Make sure that the premium is affordable.
- Choose a policy that gives you flexibility so you can gradually increase the savings in the future.
- Ensure that you opt for the payer benefit rider.
Basic Types of Plans
- An endowment policy combines a savings component with protection coverage.
- Endowment policies may be either participating or non-participating.
- Non-participating policies do not participate in the life insurance fund’s profits but all insurance benefits are fully guaranteed.
- Participating policies have a portion of insurance benefits guaranteed, however the total amount of benefits at maturity is not guaranteed because it depends on the insurance company’s life insurance fund’s performance.
- An investment-linked policy combines the elements of investment and protection based on your requirement as the policy owner.
- It offers flexibility as you are able to increase or top-up your monthly premium contribution as your income improves. You may also be more aggressive with your investment.
- An investment-linked policy will allow you to choose the types of funds your money will be invested in. However, like any other investment, there are risks involved and there is no guarantee on the returns, which may be higher or lower than the amount projected.